Legalize it?

11:12 AM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
A friend who had read a clip about the recent uproar over Obama and marijuana started going off about how they're going to legalize weed. I love friends like this because they keep me on my toes and make me do my research.
I don't know how many states other than Oregon allow marijuana for medical purposes. And this is not about whether or not it fills a valid medical need. What the Bush administration did was raid any and all medical marijuana growers and distributors with little to no suspicion at all.
What they are going to do is focus on "traffickers who falsely masqueraded as medical dispensaries and “use medical marijuana laws as a shield.”" Doesn't sound like too much of a difference to me, other than they won't use it as an excuse to do whatever they want just because they might or might not disagree with state medical marijuana laws. How on earth you go from that to "they're going to legalize it!" I don't know.
That having been said, I say screw enforcing marijuana laws. Now that's not saying, "Legalize it." I couldn't care less about that. I believe in tighter enforcement on harder drugs, such as meth (which is a big problem in this part of Oregon). Who cares about a college student with a dimebag? Care about the meth lab that will kill people before it explodes and kills people.

0 comments: