Why "Man" Sized Burritos Are Tasteless

1:14 PM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I hit the drive-thru of one of my favourite local franchises, and this is what I wrote in a quick response on their feedback form. This is just a knee-jerk reaction as opposed to an in-depth critique.
"I recently visited your Springfield location near Winco and was offended to find a menu item described as "man" sized.
Food is not gendered, and by buying into the notion that some food is for men and some is for women automatically alienates half of your customers.
In case you happen to be visually impaired, all people come in various shapes and sizes. You would do best to remember this when dealing with the public.
Please be aware that I will be notifying my friends and acquaintances as to the inherent sexism and sizeism in this failed marketing ploy."

0 comments: