Good Samaritan saves a woman's foreclosed home.

12:28 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Good Samaritan' saves crying woman's foreclosed home


"Tracy Orr sat in the back of the room and prepared to watch her foreclosed home
go up for auction this past Saturday. That's when a pesky stranger sat down
beside her and struck up a conversation."Are you here to buy a house?" Marilyn
Mock said.

Orr couldn't hold it in. The tears flowed. She pointed to the auction
brochure at a home that didn't have a picture. "That's my house," she said.…Mock
says she bought the home for about $30,000. That's when Mock did what most
bidders at a foreclosure auction never do. "She said, 'I did this for you. I'm
doing this for you,' " Orr says.

"When it was all done, I was just in shock.""I thought maybe her and her husband do these types of things to buy them and turn them. She said, 'No, you just look like you needed a friend.' ""All this happened within like 5 minutes. She never even asked me my name. She didn't ask me my financial situation. She had no idea what [the house] looked like. She just did it out of the graciousness of her heart, just a 'Good Samaritan,' " Orr says. "It's amazing." …As for Orr's payments, Mock says, "We'll just figure out however much she can pay on it. That way, she can have her house back."

Why be so generous? "She was just so sad. You put yourself in their situation and you realize you just got to do something," says Mock… "If it was you, you'd want
somebody to stop and help you."

When she told her husband of 30 years that she'd just bought a home for a stranger, she says his reaction was: "Whatever." "He's used to it," she says with a booming laugh."

0 comments: