Have a Green Period

2:56 PM Posted In , Edit This 2 Comments »
I couldn't resist the title and the imagery it invoked. It made me giggle. Why yes, I am 12, why do you ask? Since my Aunt Flo is in town, I thought I would break out the ole soapbox about girly bits, health, and the environment.
Long story short, regular feminine products are bad for you. They're bleached, made of non-biodegradable materials, and fill up our dumps.
Reusable:
The Keeper (rather graphic name, but whatever)
The above two you can only use if you do NOT have a bicornuate uterus.
Glad Rags (Oregon company)
Or if the reusable options are too much for you, even though they save money in the long run, go organic:
I took Pamprin last night for the first time, even though I normally drink water and/or raspberry leaf tea for my severe cramps. It was a regular dose: two pills. Halfway through game I wondered why I felt stoned, until I asked a friend if Pamprin is supposed to knock you out. She said yes.
For a non-Nyquil effect I recommend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seventh Generation tampons are made with organic cotton and are NOT bleached with chlorine. no pesticides, either. They have recently put out applicator tampons. Heaven!!

SLiver of Jade said...

I do like 7th Gen, and haven't had a chance to use their feminine products. I will have to make a note to, thanks. :)